Saturday 31 May 2014

Human

You and I
have been apart so long
that it feels strange to once again be in your company.
You stare,
and it feels like a strangers gaze.
The arpeggios of your voice seem unfamiliar,
the dimple on one side of your cheek stolen from some other life.
Your hand brushes mine over the table top
and we blush,
laugh,
fumble around the contact with sweaty palms
until you grip my fingertips firmly,
smiling as your words
trip
past your tongue and through your chapped lips.

I think I forgot your imperfections in the time whilst you were away chasing your dreams.
I forgot the little chip in your front tooth
and that your eyes sit just a little too close together.
In my head I pictured you differently
without the gap in your eyelashes and the crack in your voice when you talk about home.
I omitted the things I loved the most like the freckles that go all the way down your neck and across your collarbone
and your laugh which changes every time.
I forgot that I loved you for just how human you were


-g.m
____________________________________________________________
some context:

a happy thing.
just for you.
you're welcome, I guess.

much love

x

No comments:

Post a Comment