Thursday 28 November 2013

writers


Here’s my social commentary;
it’s not funny if it’s me,
but it’s funny if it’s you.
Pass your judgement,
make it true.
Take me to the rivers,
show me the stars,
the fate, the faults, the dead, the wars.
The city is in my heart,
but your country is in my veins,
my wrists look like a battlefield,
please take away these stains,
marks of the pain.
We’re just silly children,
with our truth and entitled words.
What do we know of loss?
Happiness is elusive,
but our sadness is not conclusive;
we take the fast lane,
no dream, no gain,
“don’t hate the player, hate the game.”
Never hesitate to wear your shame,
our past goes up in flames.
Now all you have are the clothes on your back,
a pen in your hand,
and a head full of words.


-g.m

No comments:

Post a Comment