Thursday 28 November 2013

Youth



A Poem Made of Words I Didn’t Write.

I’m an addict with a pen,
Find me spineless and pretend;
It’s five past three,
I can hardly see
And I’m on the verge of passing out.
I’d be an anchor
But I’m scared you’d drown,
We’re watching the television with no sound.

You’re just a pair of frozen hands to hold,
Not your typical stoned 18 year old.
The story unfolds;
You should take my life, you should take my soul.
Where we go, nobody knows,
With guns hidden under our petticoats.
Step into your skin?
I’d rather jump in your bones,
New clothes
Bloody nose
Retching on the floor alone.

My trial-by-fire was filed,
(I’m a crazy suicidal head-case)
Totally wrecked and polemic in the way we talk.
I bet a lot of me was lost,
T’s uncrossed and I’s undotted,
But your hands still catch
The light
The right way
And our hearts still beat the same.

You’ve got a lot to say,
For the one who pushed me away.
Our brains are sick but that’s okay.
Can’t they bury us at sea,
Far away where the world can’t reach?
Vocal Sabbatical
Delayed
By churning out the same-
Why do you talk so loud?
I’ve got a feeling that the marijuana’s rotting your brain.

-g.m

______________________________________________________
some context:

this is a piece of found poetry that i did for a uni assignment. it is made up of lyrics from a lot of my favourite songs (all of which are credited below) so none of these words are mine. i just put them in a new order and stuff.

much love

x

Credits:
Addict With a Pen – Twenty One Pilots
Holding On To You – Twenty One Pilots
Fake You Out – Twenty One Pilots
Stay With Me – You Me At Six
Menswear – The 1975
TALK – The 1975
Heart Out – The 1975
Girls – The 1975
Chocolate – The 1975
The 1975 – The 1975
M.O.N.E.Y – The 1975
Nobody, Not Even The Rain – La Dispute
Such Small Hands – La Dispute
Viking Burial – Gerard and the Watchmen

No comments:

Post a Comment